FishWithSticks

FishWithSticks' Fishbowl

A Guppy swimming through an ocean of yarn and books.

Ceremony in Death
J.D. Robb
Whispers in the Dark (KGI, #4)
Maya Banks
Your Mouth Drives Me Crazy (Men of Hawaii #1) - HelenKay Dimon I. Loved. This. Book.

Two confessions:

First, this book was gifted to me by the author. We're twitter followers of each other, and she knows I've been having a really rough time since my mom died about 6 weeks ago. So she sent me a message asking if she could send me some books to take my mind off things. I asked her to send me some books of hers, author's choice.

Second, the reason I asked for her books is when I met her at RT (which I'm SURE she doesn't remember) I said I had read her books. Turns out I had not. I really thought I had though! But after checking, yeah, I apparently totally lied to her. LOL. Sorry, Helenkay!

Again, let me be clear. I. Loved. This. Book. It was fun and REALLY funny. I liked the characters, and there were lots of twists and turns, but the interaction between the hero and heroine was fantastic. They were both very smart, quick-witted, sarcastic people, and I could totally relate. I kept putting it down to do other things, and not because I was bored, but because I wanted it to last, darn it!

So now I'm glomming her backlist and am on book 2 of this series and loving it just as much. I've recommended this book to a friend of mine, and she purchased it for her Nook yesterday. LOL. Can't wait to read more.